The 2017 Ohio Workers’ Compensation Medical & Health Symposium is a free educational opportunity for Ohio’s health-care providers. The two-day symposium is in conjunction with BWC’s annual Ohio Safety Congress & Expo. The symposium offers nationally-recognized specialists in research, pain management, physical medicine and rehabilitation, alternative medicine, neurology and orthopedic surgery. (Brochure)
By attending you will learn more about:
- Spinal disorders, surgical protocols and the pitfalls of surgery;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Complex regional pain syndrome;
- Pain management and return-to-work strategies;
- Transition from acute to chronic pain treatment regimen;
- Proactive solutions when caring for the aging injured worker;
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic pain (health behavior and assessment intervention);
- Development and control of work-related hip, knee and ankle injuries.
Continuing education credits are being requested for the following licensed health-care professionals:
- Vocational rehabilitation (CRC, CCM and CDMS);
- Occupational and physical therapists.
If you have questions, call BWC’s provider contact center at 1-800-644-6292, options 0-3-0, or send an email.
We can’t wait to see you in March! Together, we can make a difference in the care of Ohio’s injured workers – at home and at work.